After training hard or just for a nice evening snack, these are amazing. I call them bombs because I add maca and some other superfoods to give you a boost. It’s great to have something ‘clean’ in your fridge to nibble when you have the urge to snack. 😉
I love to serve them when I have people over for lunch or dinner. After the meal, I love to put something on the table and nibble while talking and having fun. You can really mix in whatever you like, but my favourite are these.
Recipe for Protein bomb
- 5 tbsp of coconut butter (melted, not hot)
- 5 tbsp of shredded coconut
- 4 tbsp of organic peanut butter (no sugar added)
- 2 tbsp of sweetener like Sukrin (you can also use dates or honey, but those spike insulin levels, so it depends on what you are looking for)
- 3 tbsp of ground blanched almonds
- 4 tbsp of raw cocoa
- 1 tbsp of sweetener (Sukrin is my favourite)
- 3 tbsp of coconut butter, melted
- a pinch of sea salt for 'zing'
Make the balls first. Put all the ingredients (coconut butter, shredded coconut, peanut butter, Sukrin and ground almonds) into a food processor and ground them well. Make balls and put them in the freezer. While you have them in the freezer, make the chocolate. Dip cold balls in the chocolate and season with some salt right away, before chocolate solidifies. Put them in the fridge and try not to eat them all at the same time.
- no grains
- no sugar
- no lactosis